why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



06 August 2018

I'm vulnerable . . .

We had a break-in at our home last week; makes me feel pretty vulnerable. Jewelry seemed to be the thief's focus. Most of my jewelry has significant sentimental value. I love rocks and have quite a collection inside our home and out. One of the first things I looked for was my rock from the Aegean Sea that my dad brought to me decades ago. I stored it in my jewelry box, but a few years back, I had it wrapped with gold wire and suspended on a black cord. I breathed a sigh of relief that the thief didn't want it. My book, Naked, focuses quite a bit on vulnerability. I'll be reading Tuesday evening (tomorrow, for those of us who aren't sure what day this is) at Nash Street Tavern's open mic, in Hillsborough; 3 poems, one touches on vulnerability. I hope you can come.

#Bewriting #Amwriting #Inspiration #IGpoetry #Poetry #Poet #Openmic #Local #Hillsboroughnc #Orangecounty Nash Street Tavern

No comments: