why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



11 February 2019

chilly passover

Today, I’m sharing the first and last stanzas of “chilly passover”:

 make a rubbing of me, darling
charcoal your fingers
trace me with onion skin paper
smudge my harsh lines

I used to love the smell of a snuffed out candle
I can still hear you
you can’t take a shortcut
you walk towards my open earth
you want to bury yourself in me
but all you can do now is
throw dirt on my casket

© 8 March 2018
Cindy B. Stevens

#charcoal #fingers #OnionSkinPaper #casket #BeWriting #AmWriting #AmEditing #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing #HillsboroughNC
Photo credit:  jacqueline-day-619822-unsplash

No comments: