why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



13 March 2019

washing drama








I’m sharing the first and fourth stanzas of a five stanza poem, “washing drama”:

Sally wanted an arrangement
didn’t need something real
wouldn’t care and
wouldn’t care whether the arrangement
cared

she slips under the sheet
lies beside her commitment
tattoos pull her close
mint tickles her neck
Sally thought this would be a nice arrangement
thought they’d never be real
neither would care whether the other cared

© Cindy B. Stevens
6 November 2018

#arrangement #care #commit #real #BeWriting #AmWriting #AmEditing #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing #HillsboroughNC

Photo credit:  joseph-albanese-102983-unsplash

No comments: