why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



01 April 2020

my Damascus

I enjoyed creating and fleshing out “my Damascus”.  My friend, Jim Adams, blacksmith and artist, helped clarify the blacksmithing terms I wanted to use.  Here are two stanzas:


my whole body harmonizes with D minor dross embedded in my feet
I can’t scrape it off my soles or
gouge it out

I want to shed slag from my veins
I need forgiveness everyday
but if my flesh
is a specter in my memory
am I still forgiven?

© 27 April 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#dross #slag #forge #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  hannah-gibbs-BINLgyrG_fI-unsplash

No comments: