why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



12 June 2020

even though

This poem began as a writing exercise at Table Rock Writers Workshop in 2016.  Here are 3 stanzas from “even though”:

I simmered in my parent’s omniscience for years
even though it was clear I’d been in the stew too long
I had not found the ladle to scoop myself into my own bowl




I simmered, but never boiled over
my flavors became bold and savory
the longer I cooked
even though I escaped indigestion
I still burned my esophagus

even though I know my crazy
I want my family to see my crazy
love my crazy

© Cindy B. Stevens
5 August 2017

#crazy #family #burn #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #tablerockwritersworkshop

Photo credit:  dipesh-gurav-NfoGcdYy_sw-unsplash

No comments: