why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



13 April 2019

kids

I love my kids.  They’re now grown men.  It was difficult to write a poem about how much I love them, but here’s the first stanza and the last two lines of the last stanza from my poem, “kids”:

if I’d known what sleepless nights felt like
how tired I’d be
most days
all day
I’d still want kids

but, if I could choose my kids
I’d want the ones I have

© 20 July 2018
Cindy B. Stevens


#Kids #Sleepless #Exhausted #Love#BeWriting #AmWriting #AmEditing #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing #HillsboroughNC

Photo credit:  david-clode-1311938-unsplash

No comments: