why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



01 April 2019

laundry day

My poem, “laundry day”, has changed a lot since the first draft in 2012..  I’ve pared it down to just bones from a one-stanza 37-line piece to a three-stanza, 13-line piece and am sharing the last stanza with you:

his spin cycle slows
a buzzer sounds
he doesn’t remember
why he’s tangled and wrung out

© 7 January 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#empty #lint #tangle #WrungOut #BeWriting #AmWriting #AmEditing #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing #HillsboroughNC

Photo credit:  chrissie-kremer-445867-unsplash

No comments: