why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



31 May 2019

I do not sing of you

Frequently, when I’m falling asleep or when words wake me in the middle of the night (and it’s really good stuff, sometimes), I think I’ll remember this really good stuff, because it’s reallygood. Ha.  Never happens.


I’ve learned that I have to get up and write this stuff down. The first stanza of “I do not sing of you” is about this lack of sleep process:

my pillow and I are stuck in sleep
when words begin to gather
they yearn to be you, so I write them down
else forevermore they’ll be gone

© 30 July 2018
Cindy B. Stevens


#Sleep #Pillow #Night#Asleep #BeWriting #AmWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WriterLife #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing

Photo credit:  bekah-russom-232003-unsplash

No comments: