why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



07 May 2019

infant casket

Here are a few lines from “infant casket” where I try to convey feelings as my husband and I rode through the cemetery gates for our infant daughter’s graveside service:

two men carry a princess through the crowd

she wears her only pink dress

my groundskeeper carries a ladder

I gaze over my manicured hedge

covet

a wild rose that doesn’t belong to me

© 11 November 2018
Cindy B. Stevens


#Daughter #Princess #Covet#WildRose #BeWriting #AmWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WriterLife #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing

Photo credit:  Cindy B. Stevens

No comments: