why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



16 October 2019

liquid

a portion of “liquid”

surrounded by bricks and wrought-iron
I cultivate secrets
stockpile seedlings
acquire heirlooms

but fragrant Wisteria strangles
my Hawthorn hedge integrity and
Silver Maple roots breach my wall

© 14 November 2017
Cindy B. Stevens

#distribute #garden #wall #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  annie-spratt-4U9azPdkLOA-unsplash.jpg

No comments: