why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



22 October 2019

Lucifer says



a glimpse of “Lucifer says”

resurrection binds my hands
my wrists burn with dawn
prophesy chafes my bones

I’m a bird’s cry
I harmonize piano melody
I come from an open door where David sings his blues
he pours out his soul
it sparkles like scotch in a tumbler

every and each changed tide
blows my flame
tickles my heart
I recognize the gritty love of
Bethlehem
here, breathe my sulfur

© 27 April 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#mercy #sulfur #Lucifer #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  denys-nevozhai-0rt_O5Fy0tg-unsplash

No comments: