why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



28 October 2019

Mama's humor


a stanza from “Mama’s humor”

I forget what my humor sounds like
before I was shot to death
before I couldn’t resuscitate
these days, I forget those anniversaries
sometimes I forget the tragedies
most times I forget how to joke
and I don’t remember what my laugh sounds like
 
© 2 August 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#laugh #life #cry #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  tim-mossholder-imlD5dbcLM4-unsplash

No comments: