why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



02 January 2020

I am not the angel Venus calls me or mud removed impurity

Here are the second, third, and fourth stanzas of a new poem, “I am not the angel Venus calls me or mud removed impurity”:

my wildness not scorched, but
I still feel like a smoking baseball glove
after the catch

I am an angel who slips in mud
who likes the feel of it
the squish

I lie in mud
make mud angels
mud cream

© 13 December 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#angel #mud #wings #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  melethril-8LUdsOowsmA-unsplash

No comments: