why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



08 January 2020

my water in your veins

Here are the first and last stanzas of “my water in your veins”:

will it take a sip of courage, tawny liquid gliding down my throat
to stand in front of you
bare my obstinate bones
confess myself
ask you to forgive?

wrap my carcass in your arms
breathe my water through your veins
return it to me with a whisper
me
dead
I flicker
I flame

© 5 April 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#whisky #water #whisper #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  dylan-de-jonge-pe9T4ROjpzQ-unsplash

No comments: