why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



01 February 2020

Simon says



I’d like to share the eighth stanza of my ten stanza poem, “Simon says”:

Simon’s sister saw her psychiatrist this morning and was told she isn’t any better
Simon’s sister tells her psychiatrist:
there’s this one fence post
it stands by itself
not another fence post near but it
has barbed wire wrapped around it like
it used to connect
like
there used to be a fence

© 13 December 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#fence #barbed #brother #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  andres-siimon-B167t03AK70-unsplash

No comments: