why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



07 February 2020

table grace


Here are a few lines from “table grace”:

I miss my favorite meal Mom used to make
I want pork chops
and cauliflower, a cheese-dripped wrinkled brain
now that Mom’s in Afghanistan, Aunt Sally tends our garden

when the house is quiet, I’m just a scared little girl
I know I’m the only one awake
most nights, I listen to the cuckoo clock strike
ten, eleven, twelve
I think it’s 8:30 tomorrow morning in Kabul
one o’clock my morning is the last I remember

© 31 May 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#Afghanistan #scared #clock #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  sheila-joy-m6wRdHHywds-unsplash

No comments: