why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



07 May 2020

too afraid



Hard to decide which pieces of “too afraid” to share with you, but decided on these:

my fear is a book
shoved on the library shelf
I don’t want to read

my tear
bores a damp spot
a worm that eats its way through

I want an old reel-to-reel home movie
I’m hungry
but too afraid to bite the apple

© 21 October 2016
Cindy B. Stevens

#movie #fear #read #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  hermes-rivera-HdgB6VyjK70-unsplash

No comments: