why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



13 May 2020

yellow wall

I shared “yellow wall” with a friend, who said it was creepy.  It’s a conversation that popped in my head and I think you can appreciate its creepiness with these lines:

some of the walls here are an interesting shade of yellow
                        it’s mucus

sort of like some old hospital walls are puke green?
                        no

so what do you mean?
                        on my first morning here, I walked down the East Hall, touched each light
switch
                        I ran my fingers along the wall, it was slimy

did you mention that to anyone?
                        no, that afternoon it was grainy, like sand

you’re keeping this information to yourself
                        yeah, except see that guy staring out the window?
                        This morning I told him about the walls.  He told the nurse someone
whispered that some walls were made of mucus.

what did she say?
                        nothing

then, what’s the problem?
                        she gave him more medication

© 3 January 2020
Cindy B. Stevens

#mind #medicate #therapy #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  marcin-czerniawski-h-wVXmFsxyk-unsplash

No comments: