why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



30 January 2019

Bethlehem's hope

Confession:  I edit a lot. Even when I read poems from my published collection, Naked, I sometimes see things I would change today.  Maybe I wouldn’t on another day.

I’ve worked on the following piece again and again.  Here’s a bit of “Bethlehem’s hope”, which wants to make it into my next book:

a bird’s cry harmonizes piano melody
it comes from an open door
when David sings his blues
he pours out his soul
it sparkles like scotch in a tumbler

I’m an image that stands in sunshine
I’m the fresh smell of rain
I guard the place where the moon decides to make it’s turn
determine when ocean waves lose their pull
but, I’m in the way

© 18 December 2018
Cindy B. Stevens 

#Bethlehem #blues #sing #guard #BeWriting #AmWriting #AmEditing #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing #HillsboroughNC
Photo credit: james-zwadlo-637487-unsplash

No comments: