why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



21 January 2019

veneer

Oh my; here’s a sweet poem.  As I’ve mentioned before they are scarce in my writing.  My poem, “veneer”, makes me smile and was inspired by an email from an acquaintance who lives in Syracuse, NY.  It has four sweet stanzas and I want to share the first with you:


frozen air wakes me
I creep from my cocoon
downstairs
third and
fourth steps creak
hungry cats
freshly brewed coffee
herald from the kitchen

© 19 January 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#icicles #crystals #snow #frozen #BeWriting #AmWriting #AmEditing #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing #HillsboroughNC

Photo credit:  thabang-mokoena-747691-unsplash

No comments: