why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



06 January 2019

portions of three stanzas from "my temple floor":


how did I wind up naked
driving on the highway
windows cracked?
I must be cold

my arm reaches to the back floorboard
grabs my discarded bridal veil
I wrap it around me

my refugee feet hum
they trip over my veil
I slip on the polished floor of my temple

© 23 October 2018
Cindy B. Stevens


#naked #bridal #refugee #temple #BeWriting #AmWriting #AmEditing #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing #HillsboroughNC

No comments: