why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



24 January 2019

David's town

This piece has a distinct rhythm to it, sort of rappish. It’s called “David’s town”.  When you read this first stanza, you might think, ringle?, what does ringle mean?  I occasionally have to make up words, because available words sometimes don’t convey a sound or emotion that I hear or feel.  Hence, ringle.

silent night
where are those kings?
the tinkling ringle of camel harness brings music
traveling on the night winds across the plains
while tonight, in Bethlehem the angels sing

© 12 December 2018
Cindy B. Stevens

#camel #angel #Bethlehem #SilentNight #BeWriting #AmWriting #AmEditing #BookLove #Bookworm #BookwormForLife #Dream #IloveWriting #LoveWriting #Inspiration #IGpoet #IGpoetry #Poet #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetLife #PoetryLover #WritersOfInstagram #WritersOfIG #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #Wordsmith #WritersNetwork #Write #Writing #HillsboroughNC
Photo credit:  trevor-cole-385268-unsplash

No comments: