why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



15 December 2019

bare skin

I wanted a Christmas poem to share with you, ten days prior, and decided on “bare skin”, which appears, in its entirety, in Naked, © 2018, Main Street Rag Publishing Company.  Here are the first and last three stanzas of this melancholic poem:

I feel his bare skin pressed against mine
intimate
snuggle in soft sheet luxury
on a cold, no alarm, Saturday morning

. . . 

lights are on
fire’s laid
it’s a full moon Christmas

I fill my glass
practice the art of the dunk
air bubbles shoot to surface and pop
I scoop the chocolate chip cookie chunk from my milk

Santa died
it’s hard to sleep

© 2018       Cindy B. Stevens

#Intimate #Melancholy #Christmas #Santa #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #NC

Photo credit:  hean-prinsloo-gtVtDdFn6CQ-unsplash

No comments: