why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



27 December 2019

before

“before” is a simple, five stanza poem; sharing the first and last stanzas:

while in the womb
how can it be
that God knew me
before

. . . 

knows me coming
knows me going
how can it be
that God knew me
before

© 13 December 2019
Cindy B. Stevens

#know #womb #breath #thought #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #NC

Photo credit:  jeremy-perkins-UgNjyPkphtU-unsplash

No comments: