why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



21 December 2019

flesh and blood

Here are the second and next to last stanzas of “flesh and blood”.  The entire poem is in Naked, © 2018, Main Street Rag Publishing Company.

my day stretches out with its guarantee of apathy
I see pain-etched faces akin to old window glass
I watch the heavy, summer wind blow my hat
from one end to the other on the rear window car ledge
like my unanchored belief
 

if I follow my path
I’ll arrive at the manger
in the dark, alone
with only donkeys and goats
for company

© 2018       Cindy B. Stevens



#pain #manger #dark #path #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #NC

Photo credit:  elti-meshau-moK7ZiiquG8-unsplash

No comments: