why write?

I have to write what I hear in my head, what I dream in my sleep, what my bones ache to express.

My poems tell stories of strength, love, regret, disobedience, loss, hope, redemption, and whatever whispers.

—Cindy B. Stevens

Books Available

My first collection of poetry, Naked, is available for $12.00 at http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/product/naked-cindy-stevens/


For local readers, books are also available at:

Purple Crow Books in Hillsborough, NC

The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, NC



09 December 2019

I make change

Here’s the first stanza of “I make change”:

I’m a fallen angel
                                    in my laced-up
                                    buckled
                                    zippered
                                    burnt-orange
                                    knee-high leather
                                    boots, I walk
past the greeter towards the third pew

© Cindy B. Stevens
7 October 2016


#angel #fallen #wings #AmWriting #BeWriting #BookLove #Bookworm #Dream #IGpoet #IGpoetry #IloveWriting #Inspiration #LoveWriting #Poet #PoetLife #Poetry #PoetryBlog #PoetryLover #Reading #Write #WriterLife #WritersCommunity #WritersCorner #WritersNetwork #WritersOfIG #WritersOfInstagram #Writing #Wordsmith #AmEditing #NC

Photo credit:  oziel-gomez-x7gz40Z9ObM-unsplash

No comments: